Thursday, September 20, 2012

Chewy Asked the Wrap/RBS staff: Who was your greatest informal support at any point in your life? And Why?


 Amy Ley Sanchez. She was my 1st year internship supervisor. She taught me a lot about how to work with clients. Even when I needed support from the Bay area she would take the time and provide it for me.  Angie R. (Facilitator)

  MY NANA! (Grandmother)  She was there for me and my sister when my parents could not be there for us as kids and gave us all the love she could. She was  a great role model for me, supported me in everything that I did  and taught me how to be a young lady!  Elisa L. (Facilitator)

My Aunt Kelley. She helped me learn Independence. She lived in New York  which influenced me to go to school there. Her passion for travelling inspired me to travel as well. Even to this day, she continues to motivate and inspire me.
Alllie S. (CFS)

My Dad. He would take me to Dodger games and the beach. He would also teach me gardening and how to work on cars. He was great at teaching me skills such as construction, auto mechanics and gardening.  Cindy L. (Parent Partner)

 My youngest Aunt, Uncle, and Grandma on my mother’s side. They would take me to school, babysit me, and let me spend the night at their place. They would also take me to the park,  to Dodger games, the zoo, come to my baseball/ basketball games and attend my piano recitals.  Alex J. (CFS)
 
My Sensei, He instilled a  sense of discipline and responsibility all the while teaching me to have fun  at the same time. He influenced me how to give everything that I do 100% effort and to not give up on what I saw as important.  Anita C. (Facilitator)

 My Uncle Juan. Since my dad was always working, he would do all the sports activities: racquetball, baseball, and golf. He made time for me in the evenings and weekends. He took me to the beach to watch beach volleyball and to the stadium to watch baseball games.  My Uncle Juan also taught me mental toughness. He was a tough guy.  Jorge A. (CFS) Family Finding

  The janitor Pablo in Elementary school would always take care of us in the morning when I was growing up. We came to school early, so he would open up the gate and give us coloring sheets so that we had something to do.  Nereida C. (Facilitator)

  Growing up and even now, I rely a lot on my close friends to help with difficult situations.  I always feel better after talking to a friend, and usually they have gone through something similar that helps them relate. 
- Megan P. (Facilitator)





No comments:

Post a Comment